In this video I go about replacing the original Corvette C4 radiator the car came with. This is the time to consider upgrades. In this case, I opted to install an HD aluminum radiator for the 1984 – 1989 Corvette with a heavy duty 2-row core with 1.0″ tubes from the guys at Engineered Cooling Products (http://www.speedcooling.com/).
According to their specs:
It will handle up to 700 horsepower and fit in the stock mounting area. Like all of our radiators, it’s made with proven 2-rows of 1.0″ tubes that is proven to out cool 3-row and 4-row radiators by a substantial amount.
– All aluminum construction with a heavy duty 2-row core with 1.0″ tubes. Our core density is higher than other high performnace radiators costing 3 times more!
– Core size is 15″ high x 23-5/8 wide. Overall width is 28-5/8″. Both the inlet and outlet hose connections are 1-5/16.
– Billet CNC machined filler neck. A new cap is included.
– A heavy duty plate transmission cooler, not a cheap concentric transmission cooler found in many aftermarket radiators.
– A 2 year warranty against any defects that cause your radiator to leak or fail.
Also, I replaced the original transmission oil cooler lines as the originals were frozen at the thread and eventually broke. For more information email me on the transmission hose specs and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.